Most of us have seen the movie Freaky Friday (starring Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsey Lohan). Through some mysterious circumstances, mom and daughter suddenly switch places! Mom lives in her daughter’s body and finds herself navigating through the social and academic world of high school. Meanwhile, daughter finds herself juggling a career, kids, and everything that comes along with “the real world.” Needless to say, this mix up brings mom and daughter closer together than ever!
At Rockbrook, we thought it might be fun if we switch your day as a college student with your day as a camp counselor. This change up comes with some very kooky surprises!
Mornings as a college student:
-Quiet conversations over croissants and coffee
-Wearing your fancy jewelry
Morning as a camp counselor:
-Singing at the top of your lungs over eggs and bacon
-Wearing your friendship bracelets and name tag
Afternoons as a college student:
-English, political science, math, history…
Afternoons as a camp counselor:
-Naps (well, that one is the same)
-Swims in the lake
-Writing letters home
-Kayaking, crafts, hiking, drama, dance…
Evenings as college student:
– Logging onto Facebook with your roommate
– Telling your friend “Happy Birthday” over email
– Trying to stay awake so you can study
Evenings as a camp counselor:
– French braiding
– Exploring logs for bugs and creepy crawleys with a group of 6-year-ols
– Celebrating everyone’s birthday with cake, costumes, and presents at Birthday Night
– Trying to stop laughing so you can finish your dessert
Nights as a college student:
– Requesting that your roommate to turn down the music so you can read
– Pop Tarts before bed
– Falling asleep to the sounds of your roommate snoring
Nights as a camp counselor:
– Requesting that your co-counselor to turn up the music for the dance party!
– Milk and cookies before bed
– Falling asleep to the sound of a crickets, streams, a gentle rain on the roof
We hope you make the great switcheroo with us this summer!