Each year, we challenge our staff to spread the camp spirit around their community well beyond the summer. The holidays are a great time to utilize the lessons you learned while working at camp. See if you can complete all ten of these holiday tasks by the new year!
1. Try something new. It can be anything- a new food, signing up to volunteer – whatever you want!
2. Slow things down and spend some quality time with your friends.
3. Reminisce about the passing year. Think about all the fun you had in 2012. Be prepared for all the good times you’ll create in 2013.
4. Be silly! Have a dance party, sing in the shower, put on a costume!
5. Lead the charge. Be the one to start something. Organize a food drive in your neighborhood – start a jump rope contest – make and deliver wreaths to all of your neighbors.
6. Get Crafty! You don’t need to spend a fortune to give great gifts this holiday season. Just a little creativity and inspiration and va-la! You’ve created a gift from the heart.
7. Lend a helping hand. Wherever you see the need, help out.
8. Laugh until your stomach hurts!
9. Kick your shoes off. It’s so easy to rush, rush, rush during the holiday season. Remind yourself to relax.
10. Let the comfort and joy you experienced at Rockbrook show loud and proud in your community.