Dancing is a common occurrence at camp. It can be scheduled, like when campers boogie in Dance class, when counselors host a dance party at Twilight, or as a wake-up energizer during Morning Assembly. But more often than not, breaking it down happens at all times of the day, regardless of the setting– and we wouldn’t have it any other way. You’ll see campers moving and grooving to and from activities, you’ll witness Hi-Ups jumping around in the dining hall while setting and clearing meals, and you’ll even notice counselors incorporating dancing into their activity lesson plan to spice things up.
One challenge counselors sometimes face when conducting a dance party is making sure the music is appropriate. Unfortunately, the Top 40 isn’t always RBA (Rockbrook Appropriate), so it can be difficult to cultivate a playlist that’s RBA and also a crowd pleaser. But have no fear, counselors! Below you’ll find 10 lyrically appropriate and acoustically awesome songs that are sure to be a hit with campers this summer. Get dancing!
1. Carly Rae Jepsen- “Call Me Maybe”
2. One Direction- “What Makes You Beautiful”
3. Kelly Clarkson- “Stronger”
4. Calvin Harris- “Feel So Close”
5. Taylor Swift- “Eyes Open”
6. Rihanna- “We Found Love”
7. David Guetta ft. Sia- “Titanium”
8. Demi Lovato- “Give Your Heart a Break”
9. One Direction- “One Thing”
10. Beyonce- “Love On Top”